Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear ea82 diff drop alternative?

Prwa101

photo.php?fbid=2611789213016&l=9874a228c1Well not sure if the picture I got on here actually came up.

So... I see people using a steel plate to drop the diff, but is there another way you could do that? Ive got an idea of Where the diff bar wraps around and then conects to the frame, couldnt you just put a block under that on each side? Shown in the photo.

Thanks!

Prwa.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2611789213016&l=9874a228c1

The plate is simple and cheap compared to buying long bolts and building blocks for the mustache bar.

I've bent M bar's before and had to reinforce them.... keeping the thing up out of the way and close to the body protects it and prevents you from ripping the capture nuts out of the body that hold it on.

GD

The plate is simple and cheap compared to buying long bolts and building blocks for the mustache bar.

I've bent M bar's before and had to reinforce them.... keeping the thing up out of the way and close to the body protects it and prevents you from ripping the capture nuts out of the body that hold it on.

GD

very true..... well anyone know where i could get one for really cheap? needs to be a 3"