Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheeling OOPS....

88Subi4x4

With my loyale, I used to have to wait for the floorpans to fill with water so it would sink and grab traction. Much better to have the computer tucked up under the dash than down on the floor.

Ha! just experienced that tonight.

We are having record flooding on the Mary's River here in Philomath, OR. Just 2 get around, back and forth to my house last night and tonight I've had 5 or 6 very deep crossings. Every route has some flooding.

Puttin the snorkel to use! Sorry no pics....upload when I can get 'em

sandlake a few years ago...multiple oops...a" subaru Train "wreck..

I think four cars were involved..:eek:

IMG_2137.jpg

Ripping my for bumper off...wow more clearance for the rest of the day..threw the bumper in the back of the car and wheeled..lol

oops.jpg

launch.jpg

after pulling an f250 out at subie fest2 then pulled the savanna van out he couldn't ..my front diff. pinion shredded on the ring gear..a $600 rebuild oh the joy..! No more pulling big rigs...I have about 30 pulls with my outback..

outbackpullf250.jpg

tow1.jpg

ringpinion.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

here's a couple that sort of qualify...

one where I just kinda slipped off the road while helpin a neighbor :drunk:

and the other two were from a dukes of hazzard moment, ran through a ditch and was airborn 28' after launching off a culvert (no beer, but a late night deer!) this accident is what prompted me to lengthen the front strut rods, do the 6 lug conversion, and sawzall the fenders:cool:

when I'm wheeling, it's pretty drama free. my adventures happen during normal commutes!:burnout:

post-32908-136027653184_thumb.jpg

post-32908-136027653189_thumb.jpg

post-32908-136027653192_thumb.jpg

broke a ball joint crawling up a creek bed. broke a ball joint and it rotated the knuckle all around breaking it off the strut, bending the steering, and pissing my brake fluid.

DSCN1481.jpg

Never fear though! I just drove it to where the tow truck would pick me up...... ~15 miles away........:o

DSCN1483.jpg

That was when I got back onto the road. about 5 miles was gravel/creek bed, then the rest was a highway. I wonder what kinda ticket I would have gotten if I were pulled over...?

Totally, I mean how do you write a ticket for 3 wheelin pimpstyle?:headbang:

Totally, I mean how do you write a ticket for 3 wheelin pimpstyle?:headbang:

Not like you had a choice if the tow truck wouldn't come out that far.

Only other option would be to leave it, catch a ride home to get a new radius rod, come back to install it, and find that the car had been used for target practice.

This was a very cold and crappy afternoon. To put it into perspective I had a 6 in lift and 29inch tires on this bugger, well an EJ too but that's a different story. Once we (monstaru and I) got it out, I drained the oil, put new oil in, and drove it home...with no issues.

P2050033.jpg

P2050034.jpg

P2050037.jpg

P2050044.jpg

P2050042.jpg

P2050038.jpg

P2050040.jpg

P2050048.jpg

Woah! Mugs is that down in spokane's ORV Park? I have seen so many of those frozen lakes with cars stuck in them haha.

played around in a favorite gravel pit... slightly stuck in the first two pics. able to drive out, but it took some serious maneuvering. I blame the tires I was running at the time.

In the last pic, I had snapped my spindle going a bit too fast over rolling hills.

Photo178.jpg

Photo180.jpg

IMGP0014.jpg

Edited by 4drbrat

Worts I have done is pull off the rear bumper skin. My car is my daily driver so I tend to be a bit more restrained when wheeling. We need to get NJsubaru in on this as he is good for ..

Wait no pics from him as it is usually a transmission, engine or drowned computer.

Woah! Mugs is that down in spokane's ORV Park? I have seen so many of those frozen lakes with cars stuck in them haha.

Yes it is. I was being a dumb a** and thought I could skurt around it, and then I slipped right in and it was all over. Slambed it into 4lo and made it half way through before I got stuck all the way.

Two toyota trucks with drivers saw me do it. Just sat there and stared at me. I get out ask for a hand and they both give me excuses of why not. 1. My throw out bearing is shot and I don't want to risk it. 2. My hitch is real loose and would rip out. Then they both get in and drive away leaving me there to freeze.

Montaru had to drop what he was doing and come pull me out with his big ol dodge cummins.