Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Q's on asv removal,...

So I got my Weber together, and am dialing it in...:headbang:

I am getting ready to cut and close the metal tubes going to the asv plastic jobbies, and be rid of all the associated junk. Please help me out with any tips on this -if there is a hard way I am probably at it.

I am also removing the cannister up front and whatever else I can do to clean up the engine bay. If anyone has pics of a tidy setup I would be grateful to see them. I am short afew details...

Any help is appreciated

here's the now

DSC02520.jpg

Yeah I just put a quarter in each side on mine, been like that for at least two years now. I removed everything before I did my Weber (as described in this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86141&highlight=sordid It's for the Hitachi, but a lot of the stuff you get rid of ends up applying to the Weber).

Now that the Weber is in it is so much nicer to have everything gone. It's simple, runs great, and still passes emissions where I'm at. :)

For routing of the PCV system I have mine set up a bit like this: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74206[ (scroll all the way down to the pic of the EA82 with the yellow valve covers, different engine but the system is basically the same)

Only difference is I have the passenger side valve cover on my EA81 attached with a long hose to a small aircleaner up near the firewall up high to provide the intake of air for the PCV system. Then the driver's side valve cover runs to a T fitting that has a small hose that runs to the Weber's air cleaner, and a larger hose that runs to the PCV valve itself. It's really much like the stock system only I don't use the engine's aircleaner for the intake of fresh air.

Hope all that makes sense. Once you look at the pics and under the hood, then read up on how the air flows through the engine for the PCV system it starts to. :)

Edited by TeamCF