Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84' GL Hatchback Automatic/2wd to Manual/4wd?

Hitoshi

I'm looking to find a Subaru GL hatchback. I found one up on Craigslist but it is an automatic with no 4wd. Car is in really good condition though. Does anyone have a rough estimate of the time/cost it would take change this to a manual transmission with hi/lo 4wd?

Thanks!

I have plans of a similar nature but it shouldnt cost too much with a parts car.

It will be more from junkyards and pick n pull. Pick n Pull or whatever you have in your area may have a price list online. As far as time goes Probably a weekend if you know what you are doing less if you got help.

Mike

I'm working on getting a donor car so misc parts probably won't be that big of a issue. There is a problem with the donor cars transmission being stuck in 3rd so I'll probably need to track one of those down as well.. heh, actually the biggest problem I'm going to have is trying to find a place to park/work on the donor while dismantling it.

• 2 weeks later...