Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The problem will be the rear wheels. The rear suspension the higher you lift, the closer the rear wheels get to the rear (front) of the wheel arch. This is what limits tire size.

Actually, it's not what limits it. You could block down the subframe, and the wheels stay centered.

Big issue with big tires on an EJ is the spring perch on the rear struts.

235/75/15 is the biggest you can fit without getting spacers or wider offset wheels. And even those won't fit with a 2" lift without some trimming of the fenders at the corners.

I've got 28s on my 98 with Forrest struts and springs and a 3 inch body lift as well. I rub at full lock in the fronts against the inner fender and have rubbed the front edge of the rear wheel opening a couple times. It's a tight fit with the 28s and granted I only took a BFH to the wells and nothing the openings, but I also have an itty bitty hair of space between my rear spring perch and top o tire so unless I go back to Outback struts (will be doing in the future) I'm maxed out height wise. And, when I do go back to the Outback struts, I'll have to deal with the fender openings then or go to a larger body lift to clear the tires. On a side note, Forester struts will NOT work on anything more than a 3 inch body lift due to spring perch.

Front fender

003.jpg

Rear wheel opening

009.jpg

compressed

HungryValleySpring2011001.jpg

WestMurrayplatform3.jpg

Edited by newsoobdude