Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber carb on 81 brat

The secondary is not really RPM/vacuum dependent on the Weber 32/36. Its throttle position dependent. I'd have to go out and look but I think it's about 2/3rds of the way to full throttle and it'll open using the linkage you posted in your first pic.

Even with the engine off, if you push the pedal all the way to the floor it should open.

If it's still not opening then it's possible something is not catching right in the linkage between the two. Looks right to me in the pics (as in nothing missing).

But a more trained Weber eye might catch something I'm missing.

The part you are holding open in the center pic is the choke. The first pic shows the link that opens the secondary. (Just to make sure we have things clear. :) )

Not really. I've been able to get a lot of info on them online. Punch "Weber 32 36" into a search and all kinds of stuff comes up. Granted a lot of it is for other vehicles with different sized engines, so jetting and such will be wrong. But basic setup is the same to just make it work.

Some info here: http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/Table_of_contents.htm

Note that not all of the info is for the 32/36.

I ended up going out and picking up a book on Webers. Right now I have the Haynes one, but I know there are better ones out there. You can proly find it or have it ordered in at a local auto parts store. If you have a VW shop nearby they proly have all the books. As well as parts and guys that know their way around them.

Only had mine for a couple months now. Great carb once you get it figured out. Still have a few tweaks needed on mine as far as jetting goes for the secondary.

No problem. And I forgot to mention. If you ever make it up near Portland you can go to Discount Import Parts. Over in Milwaukie. http://www.discountimportparts.com/

They are where I got my book. And I know they have other Weber books as well. And lots of Weber parts, air cleaners, fittings, jets, etc.

I would think there is a good place down near you, but if all else fails. :)

No problem. And I forgot to mention. If you ever make it up near Portland you can go to Discount Import Parts. Over in Milwaukie. http://www.discountimportparts.com/

They are where I got my book. And I know they have other Weber books as well. And lots of Weber parts, air cleaners, fittings, jets, etc.

I would think there is a good place down near you, but if all else fails. :)

I do need to start looking around for import part's stores ect. Just havnt had the time latly