Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5x100 rim interchange (Other makes)

Was at the junkyard and picked up a spare set of steel rims for my Impreza. Wasn't so lucky to get the set from a Subaru. I played musical wheels finding other models that might fit. Noticed that some of the 5 lug VW rims fit fine and ended up getting a set of 15 inch steel rims from a Chrysler Sebring. (Figured putting such parts on a Subaru that the car could do more in death than it did in life.)

It's a 5x100 pattern and I test fitted it on a Impreza of the same generation as mine to be sure things lined up. Seems fine. Bout the same width, and spacing around center hub. Clears the calipers just fine.

I am planning on putting these on a (soon to be) lifted impreza so speedometer etc. will be off anyway.

What else should I consider before using these rims, or am I good to go?

Sometimes if the offset is too much different it isn't the best for the wheel bearings. Subaru is usually between +48mm and +55mm on the offset.

Of course the bore on the wheel must be equal to or greater than your hub. If it is larger, some people don't like that because they claim it doesn't keep the wheel centered on the hub (or use a centering ring).

There's some other makes/models that had the same pattern too, such as some Chevy Cavaliers and others.

I remember, someone posted a long list of all the vehicles that run 5x100 on here not to long ago. Trying to find it is the real question!

I was surprised to hear that VW fits on the 5x100. I know Passat wheels are like 5x112 or something (As I wanted to run them a while ago)

5x100 is so much easier to come by then the 4x140 the 80s Subaru ran ;)

Another soon to be lifted Subaru in WI, looking forward to see that on the road!

The VWs that fit came off a 99 Golf. Great, beefy looking rims but I could only find 3 of them.:banghead:

The Chrysler Rims I have are listed as "High Positive offset." How would this translate on a Subaru like mine?

I KNOW 99.5-2004 VW Golf/Jetta/Beetle/probably Passat 15's will work on 95-99 Subaru's and I believe a freind is running the same wheels on his 01 Legacy GT.

But I think they are 5x100 or 5x110 (someone confirm - I forget).

In like 2005 VW went with other popular Europeans and went to 5 x 112. So they look like they fit but won't.

Remember often it's caliper bracket on the front that's the clearance issue.

Sometimes if the offset is too much different it isn't the best for the wheel bearings. Subaru is usually between +48mm and +55mm on the offset.

Of course the bore on the wheel must be equal to or greater than your hub. If it is larger, some people don't like that because they claim it doesn't keep the wheel centered on the hub (or use a centering ring).

There's some other makes/models that had the same pattern too, such as some Chevy Cavaliers and others.

Which is incorrect in regards to any wheel using cone lugnuts.

Not sure on the old post, but here's a list I found that is supposed to list every car that comes in 5x100.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=5&StudSpreadInch=&StudSpreadMM=100

That is pretty much what was posted here (Probably a few less models)

This should be made into a Sticky for everyone running 5x100s!