Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Throttle cable for 1992 Loayl

Throttle cable for 1992 Loayle, FI FWD with 171000 miles.

This is the second cable. It stretched beyond the point where I can adjust it anymore. The ball on one side of the cable connects to the pedal and I do not think it is possible to adjust the cable here. Other side of the cable has sort of a cylinder. Has anybody tried to undo this connection on the little cylinder side to shorten the cable’s length?

I am trying to avoid buying a new one.

The search produced no results. I will appreciate your thoughts/suggestions if somebody has any information on the topic or knows where the thread on the topic is located.

Sam

New cable is around or less than $25 from the dealer. Just get a new one.... assuming that straightening the engine side bracket isn't working for you.

Usually what causes me to replace them is binding and a hard feel to the pedal due to freying near where the cable enters the sheath. I haven't had one stretch.....

GD

New cable is around or less than $25 from the dealer. Just get a new one.... assuming that straightening the engine side bracket isn't working for you.

Usually what causes me to replace them is binding and a hard feel to the pedal due to freying near where the cable enters the sheath. I haven't had one stretch.....

GD

I know it is not very expencive, but I only a care giver. I do not drive my car anymore. I try to spend as less as possible.

Thank you GD,

Sam