Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just wonder,,,

outback Ej22 and Ej25 years 1996 is same of size suspensions?

My understanding is that the only difference in struts/springs was between the outback edition and standard legacys. The engine wont determine the size of strut. It's just outback vs. non outback. The outbacks being the taller ones.

just wonder,,,

outback Ej22 and Ej25 years 1996 is same of size suspensions?

Are you asking about 1996 specifically, for both engine sizes?

ie: 1996 EJ22 Outback vs 1996 EJ25 Outback?

My understanding is that the only difference in struts/springs was between the outback edition and standard legacys. The engine wont determine the size of strut. It's just outback vs. non outback. The outbacks being the taller ones.

Not necessarily... for example, the '95 Outback (North America), which had the same suspension height as the standard Legacy.

Are you asking about 1996 specifically, for both engine sizes?

ie: 1996 EJ22 Outback vs 1996 EJ25 Outback?

Not necessarily... for example, the '95 Outback (North America), which had the same suspension height as the standard Legacy.

This^^^^

In 1996, the Outback and Legacy were the same height but the Outback was labeled as such, had two tone and better interior options I believe.

This^^^^

In 1996, the Outback and Legacy were the same height but the Outback was labeled as such, had two tone and better interior options I believe.

Not correct. '95 was the "faux-Outback" that didn't have the suspension. '96 was a real, correct height Outback. It was the only year for same that had the EJ22 in the 5 speed models.

'96 is NOT the same for Legacy vs. Outback. The Outback struts are 2" longer than regular Legacy struts.

GD