Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aquired a 2.2 T donor eng. for my GL 10.

Hi. Folks, I'm gathering parts for a future 2.2 swap. Got this eng. from a neighbor, he replaced it with a JY unit. It was missing badly,( burnt valve?) so I'll do a leak down test as soon as I have a few spare minutes. I guess at the very least I should pull the heads & reseal every thing. Can I get a rod cap off to look at the bearings? I'll do a little more checking, & get back with more info. Thanks Guys, S.

Thanks for the info GD. Didn't know they are rare. I recently bought a 93 Leg. turbo sedan with the intention of using it as the donor, but it's a really nice low mileage driver. So, is a 2.2 over haul kit gonna' break the bank? Any favored sources? Need new pistons? Total Seal rings or others? Sorry, got carried away. One other question GD, a bit off the subject. I have to replace the htr. core in the 93 Leg., & I ran across an old thread of yours, where you got it done without dumping the AC. Viable? Thanks again, S.