Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just did a 95 2.2 transplant into a 98 outback stick. Things went pretty well, but was getting P0303,P0420 and temp sensor errors also.

replaced the temp sensor and the P0420 and the temp sensor error stopped, but P0303 hung around intermittantly for like two weeks. Engine was running a little rough, but not bad.

Put new NGK plugs and OEM wires based on what I read here and holy smokes---what a difference!

RPM's lower in all gears, totally smoother running engine and much faster all around.

I thought I was going to have to swap an injector or worse.

Amazed at the difference!!!!

I bought the NGK BKR6E-11 V power plugs and then OEM wires. The OEM wires I got from the dealer. I just told them I could get them for $30 on line and they reduced the price accordingly from $42.00. Didn't want to mess around with off-brand and then have to buy OEM anyways.

I based it off what others said on the site as I have had pretty good luck with the info here.

My 2 cents

Oh kay...

I'm trying to find the OEM wire set part number, but the only useful site I knew (subarupartsforyou) changed their system and now is as bad as the others to perform a search.

Anybody can confirm that par number for the '95 impreza LX 2200?

Thanks!

Part Number 22452AA170

Part Name SPARK PLUG CORD

MSRP $13.95

Save $3.67

Online Price $10.28

Wow they screwed that site all up! :eek: It was a PITA to find some stuff before, but it was also nice to be able to quickly browse through the listings. And the pics were great.

Anyway, it appears that they sell each wire individually. So you have to order 4. Maybe dealers have a different number for a full set?

But you can still find part numbers for almost anything at Opposedforces.com/parts

Thanks John,

It looks like you can actually check the old website using google's cache, but there isn't a description covering specifically the '95 Impreza LX. If you enter the part number for the '95 Legacy 2200 on the new website it says "we can not confirm it will work with your car" or something to that tune :-\

Oh well...

Edit: I got it! Part #SOA430Q115, "ignition wire set"

I realized the page I was looking at wasn't one of wire sets for different cars (Ok... it is) but one of "accessory/all/2011 accessory top ten exterior". So I went to the new web site and lo and behold, there is a category for "Popular Items"... you have to click on "accessories" (on the right) and then select "Popular Items" on the "switch to" drop list (WTF??? :Flame:), and there you can find the wire sets. Which is interesting, since the search for the part keyword "ignition wire set" returns "No items found for search string 'ignition wire kit' " :banghead:

Edited by jarl