Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where is my fuel filter 87 gl?

what year did they move the ea82 filter up to engine compartment? My old 93 parts car Loyale was up under the hood but i guess it was the fuel injected foem

You hit that spot on, The Engine bay filter would have only been on the Fuel Injected Engines. They probably started putting the fuel filter in there in late '87.

You hit that spot on, The Engine bay filter would have only been on the Fuel Injected Engines. They probably started putting the fuel filter in there in late '87.

My '87 GL (made in april of 87) has an inline filter in the engine bay. It's carbed, just like that one (although, my whole engine bay is black and grimey :grin:). There may be another by the pump, but I know there is one under the hood. It's not hard to find, just follow the fuel lines off the carb until you hit it. IIRC, it's near the distributor, but I'd have to double check.

Also, it looks like an EA82, which would be OHC (SOHC, to be more specific). But, you can double check, the engine model is stamped on the top of it. You can see the EA part in your picture, between the power-steering pump-pulley and the oil dipstick. EA82 = OHC, EA81 = OHV.

My '87 GL (made in april of 87) has an inline filter in the engine bay. It's carbed, just like that one (although, my whole engine bay is black and grimey :grin:). There may be another by the pump, but I know there is one under the hood. It's not hard to find, just follow the fuel lines off the carb until you hit it. IIRC, it's near the distributor, but I'd have to double check.

I have no clue where the fuel lines are? can you just show me where it is in the engine bay?

Normally its right there on the driver side, up by the firewall..

See the Round silver can in a holder with the Fuel lines, up by the wiper motor?

Subarus004.jpg

I do see that. I think i looked for it a couple months back and it was back under the car near the right rear. i will look again tomorrow. I ordered a new fuel filter none the less.