Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Two weeks ago I found a hairline crack in the top of the radiator in my '97 Impreza. Pressed for time and not being able to order a replacement, I used JBWeld for a temporary repair. It held up for just under two weeks and failed again in the exact same spot as before the fix. I installed a new radiator today for a permanent repair. See the crack here:

picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=3494

I did that too on an SVX I owned once. I was too broke to buy a replacement, and was commuting 140 mile a day. I went so far as to find the ends of the crack, and drill them to prevent the crack from growing. Then I filed/sanded and scuffed so the JB would have something to adhere to. It worked for a while, I don't remember how long exactly. But ya, things we do to get by.. :rolleyes:

Spencer

Wait, where's your can of Flex-Seal?

https://www.getflexseal.com/?tag=im|sm|go|tm&a_aid=011&a_bid=a4cc8494 It fills cracks and holes! :lol:

JB to the rescue!

A friend of mine broke the inlet off of the radiator on his Volvo once. There was about 1/4" left on the radiator, he rest was stuck in the hose, so after we cut the hose off we got out the JB and cleaned everything up really well, then stuck them together with duct tape to hold it over night. Next day we put a second coat inside and out for extra hold. That fix lasted for years. He drove it through college, and about 80k miles with it like that.

5 years ago, I got a bit crazy with the speed on a dirt road with my un-lifted Legacy wagon. At the end of the trip, gas was drippping from a newly formed hole in the gas tank.

JB Weld to the rescue! We let a ball of it cure right to the point where it was ready to set, and shoved it up into the hole. After it set, we cleaned around the patch really well and put on another coat. It's still holding to this day.

Love that stuff.

I bent a high pressure line on my VW A/C . Upon straightening out the line, it split open. JB to the rescue. I cleaned all surfaces, applied JB, and let it cure for several days. I refilled with 134a, and the JB held up for years. I sold the car with the A/C still keeping the car cool. JB.........is pretty amazing. Trick is to super clean all surfaces, and give JB a few days to harden like steel.

jb'd a wallowed out crank key way on a 1.8 impreza. Bought the car with a kajillion miles on it and a loose crank pulley. We got a new crank pulley did the timing belt/waterpump/idlers, filled the void in the crank snout with JB added a little for some extra love and impacted it on with my snap on MG725 LIKE A BOSS. Let it set for a couple days and my buddy drove it like that for a long time!