Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1997 OBS lift ????

97preza

Hey Adventure, are you selling strut top spacers??? if so, how tall and what price? and how much lift am i looking at with just the struts/springs of the legacy outback? this car will still be a DD so i need it to still be road worthy.

Edited by 97preza

Hey Adventure, are you selling strut top spacers??? if so, how tall and what price? and how much lift am i looking at with just the struts/springs of the legacy outback? this car will still be a DD so i need it to still be road worthy.

yeah, still got em. they are 3/8 inch HDPE. It's as high as you can go without changing your tophat bolts. $45. shipped.

I used this same spacer set up with forester struts and springs anf got maybe 3 1/2 inches of lift before I changed tires. Outbacks are just a little shorter than Foresters so i'd say you'll be around 3-3 1/4 inches if you used spacers. Subatract 3/8 without. (remember you'll need spacers of 1/4 inch or more unless you're swapping your tophats onto the outback struts.)

My car handles great and is still perfect on or off road. It accelerates a little slower and gas mileage has dropped since the lift. But there doesn't seem to be any driveability lost on swapping springs/struts etc. on these. Body lifts maybe. Monstaru has one. I know SJR did one. Not sure at what point these things ever start to become more of an off roader than a multi purpose vehicle.