Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got the wagon back from daughter, with a list of things needing "fixed". Axle shaft replacement, maybe a rear bearing going, one of the rear rotors looks like the caliper is sticking some, (insert rest of list here :banghead:

But the fuel milage is down, and the idle runs higher than it used to when I was driving it. Some of the down milage might be the "winter gas" from Binghamton NY. But I have never changed the fuel filter. SO where is it?

The Haynes manual says engine bay, and sure enough there is one there on the car. But the online parts diagrams show it like it is in the rear fender well?

Diagram attached.

Are there two?

post-31425-136027653549_thumb.jpg

95 2.2 swap, autotrans. Engine supposedly has 130,000 or so. I had just put plugs and subaruwires on it. Replaced the PCV valve.

I was getting a steady 22-23 mpg before she took it to Binghamton. Complained of only getting 18-19 mpg.

I did notice that it idles high, 1500 or so for some time after start-up. To the point of wanting to pull out when stopped for a light. The idle will eventually settle back into the 750 rpm range.