Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I put $100 down on this to hold it until tomorrow (can only withdraw $1000 from my account per day from an ATM since I have an online bank). Plus need to sell my car for $500 which I have already been offered, just need to make sure I can get it done today or tomorrow...

1995 OBS 2.2 auto AWD.

164k miles

matching tires

no rust

interior decent

needs brake rotors turned and eventually a new wheel bearing in the front

$1800

IMG_20120228_084359.jpg

IMG_20120228_084436.jpg

IMG_20120228_084418.jpg

Edited by danbennett2u

Looks good for the money.

Lots easier to replace the entire spindle/knuckle with a unit from a wrecking yard, vs cost and hassle of replacing the wheel bearing. I just did this last week.

If you are handy with a wrench, just replace the rotors. They don't cost much at Advance Auto Parts. Cost about $10-$15 more then having the existing rotors turned.

Same thought as previously posted. Simply add some wheel covers and drive on, unless you find some great deal on alloys somewhere.

I'll advocate for replacing the wheel bearings and seals. I don't understand the mentality of replacing a failed used part for an unknown condition used part when new is only a bit more. I did both front wheel bearings and all 4 seals for $135 in parts.

Rotors though, $20 a rotor to turn or $32 a rotor to replace. Definitely buy new.

Bought it. Already bought the rotors. Runs beautifully and really scoots. Transmission shifts perfect, alignment seems fine. Smells a little of cigarettes but have some stuff that helps with that and I am planning on using a rug doctor on it eventually. LOVE how the imprezas handle.

Now I absolutely need to sell my legacy fast... ShawnW where are you!

I'll advocate for replacing the wheel bearings and seals. I don't understand the mentality of replacing a failed used part for an unknown condition used part when new is only a bit more. I did both front wheel bearings and all 4 seals for $135 in parts.

Rotors though, $20 a rotor to turn or $32 a rotor to replace. Definitely buy new.

Replacing the bearing requires pressing a new one in. I dont have a press, nor do I know of a shop nearby that can do this for me cheap. The place I get my knuckles seems to be very good at getting me good used ones, never had a problem with a bearing in a knuckle I have replace