Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15 Pugs tire shop would not mount them

:burnout: Well took my pugs in to take off the 190 65 ? to put on some

175 65 15 tires off mini copper after a 2 hour wait an 1 tire guy reluctant to do it, the other tire guy attempts it and it would not go on, i know a 15 inch tire will fit the same rims cause i had them on a BRat with lift, the first tire guy says he felt liable for the mounting......This was the same shop with 2 workers, wondering if they just did not want to mount them at all..... So my question is what size tire do you run on 15 inch pugs (with the black stripes with the lion center caps?

The bad news and the dead giveaway is you wanted to remove '190 65' tyres. This means your rims are metric (I think they were known as TRX?). It is not possible to fit regular tyres and as NoahDL88 stated above, are in fact 390mm not 15 inches.

Edited by Leeroy

What they are trying to here is that the style you have came in 2 different sizes.

One is a 15in wheel, the other is a metric (390mm) wheel.

You have the metric wheels, which are pretty worthless considering tires for them costs a few hundred dollars.....each.

The TRX rims (390mm) aren't all bad - Michelin still makes the TRX tires but only in the one size - 190/65-390

They are high performance tires and handle very well. Thus the relatively high price. But most performance tires are fairly expensive.

The problem comes when people get these rims thinking they are 15's and try to put something that wasn't designed for them on. The bead lip is entirely different also.... normal tires don't fit because the rims were designed for special high performance tires.

GD