Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 trans to 91 ej22engine

bulldog

will the ea82 fly wheel have an effect on the starter positioning and will the adapter plate move the trans back enough to affect the driveline.

No issues with starter or trans positioning.

The EJ bellhousing is 1/2" shorter than the EA82, so when you add the adapter thickness, you end up back at the OE EA82 dimensions.

my freind regan in kelowna bc makes them and i uhsaly bolt the ej flywheel to the ea flywheel drill out the bolt holes rotate the holes and drill the other two holes just did one 91 turbo legacy engine in a 88 gl wagon high low wrked well do not use ej flywheel unless willing to modify starter mount

Thanks for the information. The car is a 91 Legacy wagon with a 4inche SJR lift kit and outback struts and 28 inch allterane tires but needs the 4 high & low to make it more complet for off roading . so thanks again for the information im sure i will be asking for more help as i get more into this car I also have a 85 gl wagon that i would like to put a 6inch lift under some time in the near furture.