Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Tank Question 85 Brat

Okay, I read GD's post about shopping for fuel tanks for 84 Brats because 85 and newer are EA82 tanks. First time filling my tank all the way and filters plugged then the tank is leaking as well. I need another tank. I would prefer new but they are hard to find. Where can you get one, what should I look for? I know the sending unit must be on the back. Too bad a standard tank wont work. They are only 70.00 bucks. Would it fit and then you can modify the sender? Is the filler tube in the same place? Most tanks are stock photos and I cannot trust them to be correct. Please help and thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. I just got my brand new BRAT fuel tank from Subaru Parts Warehouse. Right now you can enter a SPW-331 and get 15% off. So my total bill with shipping was 322.00 bucks. I dont have to mess with POR 15, flushing, or anything. I will keep the old tank just in case I find another BRAT or someone needs it. So if you still need one, they supposedly have two left. Good luck.:headbang: