Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door trim

So i just accidentally cracked my rear right taillight, put a small 2 inch scratch and ripped off my door trim on the rear right quarter panel. Only 1 of the white clips broke and the other 2 are still there.

However...How do i put the piece back on? The white clips are in the car still, do they come out or what?

Some of the EA82s have Captured studs molded with the molding and then a nut holds it from behind. Since your does have the white clips, then yes, they do pop out (Use a small thin screw driver to pop them out)

If you do not want to try and remove them or if they are broke, then you can also get some Epoxy, apply it to the back side of the molding and press/hole it in place and you will never get it off again ;) Just don't let it run down onto the exposed paint.

If indeed you broke a clip or two, I might still have a few of them kicking around I could mail you.

Some of the EA82s have Captured studs molded with the molding and then a nut holds it from behind. Since your does have the white clips, then yes, they do pop out (Use a small thin screw driver to pop them out)

If you do not want to try and remove them or if they are broke, then you can also get some Epoxy, apply it to the back side of the molding and press/hole it in place and you will never get it off again ;) Just don't let it run down onto the exposed paint.

If indeed you broke a clip or two, I might still have a few of them kicking around I could mail you.

I have for sure broken 1 white clip. let me try and pop the other two out tomorrow morning and let you know if one of those breaks. I tried getting them out already but they were in there really tight.

I have for sure broken 1 white clip. let me try and pop the other two out tomorrow morning and let you know if one of those breaks. I tried getting them out already but they were in there really tight.

To avoid cracking the others, you might need to remove the door panel, the draft guard plastic sheet and use a pliers to press the clip end together and then pop it out. I've broke a few trying to pry them out (Sometimes it works, and well, sometimes it doesn't lol)

As for your Gate struts, you can get two new Struts from Ebay for about $23ish total. Armstrong are a great brand, I replace mine a few years ago, and they still push the gate up in the cold! :)

I will look around tomorrow and see just how many clips I have left.

To avoid cracking the others, you might need to remove the door panel, the draft guard plastic sheet and use a pliers to press the clip end together and then pop it out. I've broke a few trying to pry them out (Sometimes it works, and well, sometimes it doesn't lol)

As for your Gate struts, you can get two new Struts from Ebay for about $23ish total. Armstrong are a great brand, I replace mine a few years ago, and they still push the gate up in the cold! :)

I will look around tomorrow and see just how many clips I have left.

It's not the door though. Its the quarter panel behind it. Right behind the right rear wheel.

It's not the door though. Its the quarter panel behind it. Right behind the right rear wheel.

OH! That can be tricky. Try seeing if you can get the clips thru that little cardboard cover next to the flip up lid in the floor, if I remember right, you should be able to get a 1 or 2 clips thru that access hole.

OH! That can be tricky. Try seeing if you can get the clips thru that little cardboard cover next to the flip up lid in the floor, if I remember right, you should be able to get a 1 or 2 clips thru that access hole.

Good idea. I would try but my car is at the bottom of my driveway.... due to stupid spring slush, and not being able to get up it, andddd that is why my door trim came off int he first place....plowing my driveway and got a little too close to my car... broke my right rear tail light a bit (thank god it was already broken a bit) and left a small scratch, and took off the trim.

Could you mail me like 3 clips? :)

To get the clips off I found that just a flathead screw driver to press down on the splayed out parts worked well. Still a little difficult but it worked