Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody want to trade Gen 1 projects?

I have had this 79 wagon sitting in my driveway for a couple years now, and it's time to do something with it. I was planning on doing a nice resto with it, but one thing I know I might like more is gen 1 coupe. So I would be willing to trade for a coupe of similar awesomeness. This car is rust free and about as nice as you'll find as far as potential. It has two dents that are easy fixes. It also has a "Restored from Salvage" title for reasons unknown, but it does not appear to have been in anything more than a fender bender I had it hauled up from AZ. It needed a clutch when I got it, on top of that I have taken some parts from it. radiator shocks adriveshaft and a caliper, of and a side marker as well. I don't have the original front seats, but have black ones. I would trade this car as is and you haul it away or I can replace all of the above mentioned and make it something you could drive off in, it all depends on what sort of a deal i find here. We can also make a little money flow either direction depending on how the cars stack up next to each other. What I am looking for is a gen one coupe with very little to no rust, basically something with the same potential. I am also willing to entertain any trades other than an old coupe, even non-subaru, so don't be shy. I also like gen 2 coupes. here are pics, the dents are the closeup of the hood by the badge and on the cargo door.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

I wouldn't part it out, it's too rare of a bird for that. Somebody is going to see this and offer up that sweet gen 1 coupe I just know it. but if it doesn't happen, I'll be fixing up this wagon.

I should mention I can deal anywhere in the country, and if the deal is right, I will deliver this car to you and pick up yours.. Just sayin, MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!

OCD- what do you need for parts, I have lots of gen 1 parts I want to get rid of.

I learned to drive in a '77 silver DL wagon with blue interior.... 2wd though...

would be tempting to get this for my dad, but it would end up a pile of rust in about 5 years...

how soon do you need the PS set-up John? I'm kindof accumulating a bunch of parts here for you :)

I think it would be fun for you to lift it :)

I learned to drive in a '77 silver DL wagon with blue interior.... 2wd though...

would be tempting to get this for my dad, but it would end up a pile of rust in about 5 years...

how soon do you need the PS set-up John? I'm kindof accumulating a bunch of parts here for you :)

I think it would be fun for you to lift it :)

Will need the PS within a month or so. I have another gen 1 I could lift that would probably be more apropriate, so I am interesed. Will talk to you soon. Maybe I go to Canada this summer in which case I'll stop by on the way back.

• 2 weeks later...
Im still thinking bout the trade. Does the a/c work?????

No idea. I am going to put a clutch in it this summer and get it on the road, if nothing else to make it an easier sell. I think it is a forgone conclusion that it will be leaving my driveway. Will let you know when I want it gone. still willing to consider any trades.