Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fix for broken cargo cover notch

If it is the part that extends laterally from the cover itself AND you have the part, try drilling a small hole in each part, insert a nail to stabilize and give support and glue it back together. It is under a fair amount of stress from the spring though.

If you don't have that part that broke off, the whole thing looks like a rather small piece that is screwed in from the underside on the corner of the cover?

Shouldn't really cost that much (considering the time you'll spend with the arts and craft project) and likely last a lot longer.

Scenario: You rig this thing with duct tape and crazy glue and all seems fine. Then you are driving down the road when the spring overcomes the poorly engineered repair and lets go with a sudden loud and startling snap. At that very moment, you are approaching an intersection and distracted by the noise and the recoil of the cover that has hit you in the back of the head, you end up in a serious accident.

Hospitalized, you too late realize that you don't have health insurance and the cost of your recuperation bankrupts you. You lose your house AND the dog house behind it!

The dog is so pissed off that he is no longer your best friend!

So ask yourself, is it really worth it?

Sell the car before it is too late.

Edited by brus brother

I love you.

I do have an immaculate cargo cover for a first gen legacy. I assume since it has the cut outs for the rear speakers. The one that is broken is for a gen 2. I got them both for free so I'm still in the green. I am toying with the idea of retrofitting the part over.

• Like 1

i think the parts are removable, a screw holds them om. and they are pretty cheap from subaru. when looking for the part number on opposedforces do not mistake the ''rubber bumper'' for the part you need. and there is a left and right.

but the parts from the other gen may fit yours. try that first.

i think the parts are removable, a screw holds them om. and they are pretty cheap from subaru. when looking for the part number on opposedforces do not mistake the ''rubber bumper'' for the part you need. and there is a left and right.

but the parts from the other gen may fit yours. try that first.

Thanks JCE for the heads up on http://opposedforces.com/parts/

Great drill down search for things subie.