Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 95 subaru is toast. The rear cross support and the frame rusted out. It could pull out of the frame at any time. I bought it 7 years ago for $1902. I put on 88,000 miles ending at 216K. I think that I got my money out of it [understated irony]. I feel a little sad because I kind of thought that I could get it to 300k. People may be interested in the things that went wrong over the last 7 years, other then normal maintenance.

1. Muffler pipe flange rusted out and needed to be welded solid

2. Starter failed

3. Fuel pump failed

4. Alternator failed

5. Gas fill tube rusted out

6. Rear differential seal needed to be replaced.

The AWD function also failed [torque bind] but I just put in the fuse for the duty c solenoid except during Jan and Feb, for the last 2 years.

I'm going to try and sell it for the motor. I considered buying a 97 subaru with a blown head gaskets and putting the 95 motor into it, but I found an another car on Craigs list instead.

If anyone wants a 2.2 motor and is near Milwaukee, I'm going to put it on Craig list for $500. The car is still runnable so there is no freight or packaging required. As a matter of fact, I just drove the car 20 miles this morning.

Sorry to hear about your car. I can tell that you loved that car, and hate to have to part with it. Suggest you keep a memento of the car, like a body badge name plate or something similar. It makes for a good souvenir, and brings back good memories every time you look at the keepsake. I did that with my beloved VW, when it finally died from old age.

Hope you stay with Subaru, and have a great relationship with your new car.