Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What size roll pin.

Ahahaha. So I was thinking, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just get an old hub/wheel bearing assembly off an old subaru? Rather than taking mine completely apart and piecing it back together?

If you have a junkyard with old Subarus' readily available, then go for it. Although, you may not know the condition of that hub either.

But indeed, I did replaced the entire front knuckled on my Legacy after it got hit. I didn't want to press bearings. I bought a used hub for $98 from a "Pull their own" lot. I had my new knuckle in, in about 30min (Even had a decent Balljoint in it)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a junkyard with old Subarus' readily available, then go for it. Although, you may not know the condition of that hub either.

But indeed, I did replaced the entire front knuckled on my Legacy after it got hit. I didn't want to press bearings. I bought a used hub for $98 from a "Pull their own" lot. I had my new knuckle in, in about 30min (Even had a decent Balljoint in it)

well someone on here might have one. :D

Okay the second washer was like this <( so i reversed that. and the cone washer did have a knick in it which keeps it a tad bit from going all the way in. So i need to get that replaced, as I believe that is what the issue is. However I am not able to find any online!!!! HELP! and I leave on a roadtrip in 4 days

Okay the second washer was like this <( so i reversed that. and the cone washer did have a knick in it which keeps it a tad bit from going all the way in. So i need to get that replaced, as I believe that is what the issue is. However I am not able to find any online!!!! HELP! and I leave on a roadtrip in 4 days

Go to a subaru dealer. Hopefully if they don't have it, they can get one in 4 days.

Go to a subaru dealer. Hopefully if they don't have it, they can get one in 4 days.

wednesday at the soonest... dang. hmmm. the knocking has become significantly less. and it goes away when there is more pressure on the wheel.

Holy balls, I've never seen a Cone washer damaged like that. Indeed, time for a new one!

hehe woops :P gonna get one tuesday and put it in on location then drive to portland and crossing my fingers that my problem is solved.

hehe woops :P gonna get one tuesday and put it in on location then drive to portland and crossing my fingers that my problem is solved.

Make sure you apply a little grease to it when you put it in, makes for easier removal next time and keeps rust down.

Make sure you apply a little grease to it when you put it in, makes for easier removal next time and keeps rust down.

will do boss! You think that is what is causing the knocking? it's only when i turn right and the pressure comes off the wheel enough to make it like wobble and pop/knock. when it is under pressure the wheel tracks straight so no issues there.

will do boss! You think that is what is causing the knocking? it's only when i turn right and the pressure comes off the wheel enough to make it like wobble and pop/knock. when it is under pressure the wheel tracks straight so no issues there.

Its very possible. The wheel bearing could be damaged though, When you are putting pressure on the wheel, is it pushing everything together, when you are letting off the pressure by turning the other way, the wheel is being pulled outwards which would cause a more noticable knock.