Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel pump question

That Summit pump is for carbs I believe. I recently had to do some looking around for a Loyale pump. The SPFI Airtex pump is about $200.00, and has a max psi of about 60 or so.

Northern Auto Parts lists the replacement pump for the MPFI cars for about $130.00, and they have a max psi of 95. It's physically larger than the SPFI pump tho and won't bolt into the fuel pump tray bracket strap. It's the least expensive new pump I've found for these cars recently.

Doug

Loyale SPFI pump on the left, MPFI Turbo pump on the right.

EA82SubaruFuelPump.jpg

Edited by Quidam

Anyone have a link for a Walbro pump that will do for a SPFI Loyale? Anyone have a good used pump to offer the OP?

I have a friend that needs a fuel pump for her Loyale so I'll get in line behind the OP with that fuel pump request.

Doug

Anyone have a link for a Walbro pump that will do for a SPFI Loyale? Anyone have a good used pump to offer the OP?

I have a friend that needs a fuel pump for her Loyale so I'll get in line behind the OP with that fuel pump request.

Doug

hey, ive got one, out of my 90 loyale. how much you wanting to pay? i know there spendy little devils..

What years to look for?

Or a Ranger pump(though they are technically the same thing I believe). I got one off Rockauto for $40. It was for a 1987 Ranger 2.3 FI. They had in tank low pressure, and frame rail high pressure pumps. The hose size is 5/16 on both sides I believe. Search Rockauto.com for P37

Edited by Speedwagon