Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member, new brat.

Hey, I'm new here, and was looking for a small fuel efficient 4x4 that I can tinker with and I found this Brat on craigslist. You may have seen it before, as in my research I found a link in a forum to its posting. Its the general lee one. It came with two extra motors and another block and rotating assembly. I think they are a 1.6, a 1.8 and I think that the block is from the turbo 1.6. I'll double check the casting numbers here in a little. It also comes with a camper top that I don't think I'm gonna use.

My goal is to make this reliable enough to drive every day and use it as my main vehicle so I can drive it from Greeneville, TN to Cookeville, TN every couple of weeks. I like to camp and hike so I'm thinking i want to lift it and run 285/75/15 tires on it (29x8.5) but that means I would have to regear it and possibly cut fenders too I don't have a problem with that but I got a little confused with information that didn't necessarily designate the different generations of Brats.

Overall, It runs and drives pretty good. However, there is a popping noise that comes from the left front when in left hand turns at low speed, this may be related to the noise, but it also pulls to the left at road speed, and one of the PO's wired up and electric fuel pump that is wired to a toggle switch and I discovered that the excess pressure causes the engine to flood after it has been shut off. I need a new windshield and a passenger side tail light.

I think that I am going to rebuild the extra 1.6 and drop it in, and I might do some porting and stuff while I'm at it.The Hazzard county motif is going to and I think I might bed armour it black.

I know about search functions;), but I just want to go ahead and introduce my self and my new toy

Edited by GeneralBrat