Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parts store paint to match Glacier White?

I'm looking for an alternative to having two cans at ~$15ea of Glacier White (color code 230) paint mixed by a local body/paint supply shop. I'd like to think there is something close enough on the shelf at the auto parts store, but they won't let me test spray anything to see how they compare. Has anyone found (or bothered to try) a good 'nuff color match to Glacier White in automotive, or any other kind of spray paint really, on a shelf somewhere? The actual paint always looks way different than the cap to me. :-p I'm just too picky I suppose, especially for the beat up bumper and fender it's going on.

While those rattle cans are pricey, a body shop supplier who has a color scanner is probably still the most accurate as the paint on your car has usually changed/faded somewhat thru sun exposure. This may not be as critical with Arctic White as say with a deep red color.

Also, I read somewhere that you need a special plasticizer additive for the bumpers to keep the paint from cracking over time.