Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Rebuild - Specific Questions

Hello Everyone... again.

ok, '85 EA82, OHC, 4wd.

1. What is the flywheel step... .890 or .815? I've seen both here. And the machinist in town does not know what it should be.

2. Where in the heck do I find a M11 x 1.25 tap so I can chase my head bolt threads. I found 1 on Ebay... ships from China... boat takes a long time to get here!!!

3. I have a bottle of Loctite 515 for my flange sealant. Alot of talk about the Loctite 518. Anyone ever use 515? And how are the results?

Thanks... Ron W.

As far as the tap/die goes it's a super oddball size. I tried forever to find one locally and could not. For the bolts I ended up taking a wire wheel at a very low speed and running it along them, cleaned them up pretty good all things considered. For the bolt holes a went to the local PnP and snagged another headbolt which I cleaned up like the others, then I cut it lengthwise in two different directions to make a homemade tap. A small flapper wheel might work too, although this method worked great for me.