Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber questions

low end grunt goes up, gas mileage goes down. peak hp/torque are unchanged or changed very little. why do it? because the hitachi sucks. like really sucks. if it were up to me and my car id convert to spfi. it can e done for the same $$ or cheaper and it gets better mileage over the carb. you could also swap in spfi pistons which, iirc are higher compression. hth, RV

low end grunt goes up, gas mileage goes down. peak hp/torque are unchanged or changed very little. why do it? because the hitachi sucks. like really sucks. if it were up to me and my car id convert to spfi. it can e done for the same $$ or cheaper and it gets better mileage over the carb. you could also swap in spfi pistons which, iirc are higher compression. hth, RV

How far down on the gas mileage?

Depends on its tune, jetting and your right foot.

I can go 208 miles on a tank in town hammering the accelerator every chance I get...

I also ran a friend around the oregon coast. Total of over 800 miles... two tanks (mostly highway)

This is on my EA82 sedan with 32/36DGEV

Depends on its tune, jetting and your right foot.

I can go 208 miles on a tank in town hammering the accelerator every chance I get...

I also ran a friend around the oregon coast. Total of over 800 miles... two tanks (mostly highway)

This is on my EA82 sedan with 32/36DGEV

is this about average for the weber mod ?

which jets give the best results?

Way more power.

Sounds beautiful... :brow: especially when that second barrel opens up

Greater power band, from about 1500 rpm to 4500 rpm

Increased gas mileage from 23 mpg to 27 mpg on freeway. and stuff still isnt hooked up or jetted right.

Easier to work on

removes a lot of bull************

conversation starter

I love my weber. driveability is so much better, and it does have more low RPM torque. I average around 25-26 mpg, with mixed in town, highway and back country road driving. I expected to see more power in the upper RPMs, but no. I even passed emissions with it!

I love my weber. driveability is so much better, and it does have more low RPM torque. I average around 25-26 mpg, with mixed in town, highway and back country road driving. I expected to see more power in the upper RPMs, but no. I even passed emissions with it!

Yeah not much more in the high end but it sounds a lot better up there ;)

Depends on your exhaust for sure...

The weber on my 84 GL sounded good up front with the secondaries open but the exhaust sucked... same story on my 84 DL...

Now my 86 GL ;) NED sounds sooo amazing :banana: but I cheated haha... (2.5" glasspack)

ont hat note. sorry to threadjack.

my buddy has a down pipe from a stock 04 wrx. would it fit?

Doubt it, down pipe is where the turbo and headers meet isnt it? You dont have a turbo...

Id just get new exhaust from the y-pipe back to a decent muffler and itll sound better..

Back on topic...

Go with the weber, you WONT regret it... itll pay for itself in sheer smiles on your face when you open the secondaries. Ive been driving cars w/ webers for 2 years now, 3 vehicles and have loved the feel of each of them!

Doubt it, down pipe is where the turbo and headers meet isnt it? You dont have a turbo...

Id just get new exhaust from the y-pipe back to a decent muffler and itll sound better..

Back on topic...

Go with the weber, you WONT regret it... itll pay for itself in sheer smiles on your face when you open the secondaries. Ive been driving cars w/ webers for 2 years now, 3 vehicles and have loved the feel of each of them!

"Stock 04 wrx" isn't turbo'd, I'm probably missing something and there probably is some stock wrx with a turbo but I really don't think so

With a whole lot of cutting and welding and bending,,,, it could be "made to fit".....

But it ain't no bolt-on for a Carbed engine, nor a FI engine,,, unless it's Turboed..........