Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In rad temp sensor ? Ea82

Which year of ea82's came with a in rad temp sensor ? I just now finding out that ea82s had the in rad temp sensor ..... I have the hole in my rad for where it would go but it has a plug there .

And does it connect to the electric fan at all ? I have an 88 gl spfi and ive replaced both the temp sensors up by the thermostat housing but i still have some high idle issues, the sensors were new a couple months ago .

Im wondering if its connected to the electric fan at all because my electric fan does not come on, ever . I deleted the whole A/C system so its not connected to that anymore but its supposed to come on when the motor starts to get hot also, and i was on my way home when it started reading about 3/4 on the temp gauge, so i popped the hood to see if it was running when i got home and it was not . I also dont have the clutch fan anymore cause i just got done with a 6" lift so it had to go ..

I just replaced it with a new one . The old one was electrical taped and had small screws going through the ends of the wire into the switch ..... :rolleyes: Now all is well the fan works and my engines staying cool :headbang: