Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scratched emulsion tube question - Weber Rebuild

I'm just about to put her back together and in the process of getting the primary e-tube unstuck, I scratched the upper portion of the tube with a paperclip. It's not huge, but it's there.

I've read about people tapping threads in the e-tube head to pull them out with a bolt, but I just wonder if me scratching the inner 1/16th inch would cause any performance issues.

Weber 32/36 DGEV

Thanks!

LOL. You'll be fine. E-tubes "aerate" and "emulsify" the fuel and air. Turbulence and roughness in the e-tube really isn't important. It is their function so a bit of a scratch isn't going to make a bit of difference.

GD

Sorry for the remedial question...?

I've never torn apart a carb and as such I've been reading many threads on many forums and I thought I had read somewhere that damaging the upper portion of the etube was no bueno.. didn't specify what "damaged" meant, and seeing as it is listed as a calibrated part along side the jets, I didn't know how durable they are. Thanks for clarifying that.

I've read just about every post you've made about the weber swap, rebuild, etc. and they have been immensely helpful in taking on this project. Thanks for that as well.