Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front end lift on accel

After doing a 4" lift on the Brat, along with swapping to an EA82 front suspension(everything: struts, hubs, xmember, axles, arms), I get a noticeable amount of lift in the front end while accelerating. Is this normal for an EA81 riding an EA82 suspension? Or is there something in my setup causing this? Or is this an EA82 thing?

Compared to the cranked up EA81 struts, it rides super soft now in the front as well.

My turbo wagon lifted also, and my xt6 really lifts while shifting at high rpms. Ive seem anti lift stuff offered up for wrx's, I wonder if its just part of having subaru awd ? I know nothing of anything older than an ea82 though.

Do you have a pitch stopper installed? That helps.

Also, when the rear suspension is soft, the front lifts and the back drops. Adding some coilovers to the rear end or clocking the torsion bars up a notch helps too.

When the rear is up high and stiff, the front doesn't lift so much.

The softer front end is from the better geometry of the EA82 on the EA81 chassis. It's actually a bonus for offroad. If you really need stiffer, get some RX or turbo wagon springs.

I actually prefer the softer ride I'm getting now. I don't have the pitch stop installed right now, though I recently read I can put an EJ22 pitch stop and mount on, with no modification(since I dropped the engine 3"). And while I didn't clock the torsion bars, I did crank the adjustment almost all the way in. Still seems a bit soft to me in the rear, so I may go back in there and reclock them.