Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone,

I own a first generation Subaru Legacy wagon. The drivers seat isn't so flash and I'd like to upgrade. Just wondering if the driver/front-passenger seats from a second or third generation Legacy wagon would bolt straight in?

Thanks for your help,

Captain Amazing.

:Flame:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a '90 Legacy. I had '93 LS, '97 OB and '02 WRX seats in mine. Even newer seats may work...should be post on here somewhere.

The OB seats worked the best and have the up/down adjustment, and if you're handy some were heated -(both the cloth and leather versions) and can be retrofitted to work.

The WRX Driver's seat was OK and was well-bolsterd to hold the driver in place, but the passenger seat sat too high and forward- it mounted up fine but something is a bit different between how the Impreza/WRX/Forester and Legacy seats fit.

Any of the seats tend to wear on the outside edge by the door, so hopefully you can 'test fit' them in the original car. If not, compare/push down/squeeze the inside to outside to ensure they're similar.....not fun to swap seats and find out the seats are no good!

TD