Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ radiator in EA pic request

tractor pole

I got hoses for a '98 Outback (Outback, because with the subframe spacers, the lower hose has a slightly different bend in it since the engine sits lower. Other EJ cross-flow lower hoses will fit, but not quite as well). I'm not sure if they went to vertical flow by 2003, but that could effect it.

The Loyale radiator is also key. '80s EA82 rads have the lower output coming out of the end tank with a pretty steep angle upward, but '90-'94 Loyale rads have the lower port coming straight out.

so loyale 90 94 rads will fit in a gl-10 like factory oem fit but have the lower pipe like a new style rad not that up word bend ?

so loyale 90 94 rads will fit in a gl-10 like factory oem fit but have the lower pipe like a new style rad not that up word bend ?

yep. That lower port is a little higher up than the EJ ones (hence using the Outback lower hose).

also does this 1990 94 rad all have the atf lines in them ? is there a 5mt version with the lower pipe being normal new style ?

Lots of 5MT versions, although most aftermarket companies (Performance radiator for sure) supersede the AT version, and just supply the rad with plugs for the trans cooler.

yep. That lower port is a little higher up than the EJ ones (hence using the Outback lower hose).

Lots of 5MT versions, although most aftermarket companies (Performance radiator for sure) supersede the AT version, and just supply the rad with plugs for the trans cooler.

amazing good to know i got from the dealer a oem one for my car coming in, and was going to make a pipe for that upper bend !

now you told me this i am going to stop this order and get the 90 94 loyale 5mt version one !!

thanks allot sir you saved me some time !!

so what year outback by the way do i order ?