Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power Door Locks - Help Me get Out!

Okay, so I'm not stuck in my car. The problem is the driver's door lock does not work.

I push the lock button... but it will not go down (press in). Thus the door does not lock. I tried to lock it with the key from outside... but that does not work. '85 Wagon. First Subie owned with PDL.

I know about the rear passenger door child safety locks... so the kids can't open the rear doors.

Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks in advance... Ron W.

okay... just thought maybe a fuse or wire had some sort of control on some sort of electrical actuator. You know... something easy.

Been looking for my door panel plug remover tool but have not seen it for a while. I don't want to tear the plugs/panel up too much... so maybe not tonight.

I used to hear of this happening when I was an unlock technician, idiots jamming slimjims down inside a door not knowing what they're doing... but that's not how you unlock a car with frameless windows, you wedge the window out and go thru that gap to the lock button.

Definitely some bound up linkage or something like that. I suppose it could be a frozen lock cylinder too. How often do you use the key in that door? Should be real easy to find after you get the door panel off. Good luck!

I just got the car back from GD's shop a few weeks ago... so I have not used the door lock. I live in the sticks... no crime here.

So I just replaced the rear brakes... springs and clips came loose and were tumbling around the hub. Previous Owner must have done a "break job"... ha!

So I am now driving the car to work to check out any more bugs that may appear... before giving it to my daughter when she turns 16.

That's when I realized the driver door lock does not work.

I'm still looking for my door panel tool.