Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Wiper Switch Replacement

So, I'm getting sick of "fixing" my rear wiper switch, so I'm planning on just replacing it. I wanted to just use a double pole triple throw switch, but the closest ones I can find (one for an amp, one 4ptt), are expensive. So, I was thinking about using a five-post relay so that I can get the park circuit to work, without needing a separate switch for the washer. I'll attach a sketch of a wiring diagram (sorry for my poor drawing skills) of what I'm thinking. What do you guys think?

Rear%20Wiper%20Motor%20001.jpg?psid=1

I got a big pack of various switches from Harbor Freight for fairly cheap, rated up to 30 amps.

But what I've been wanting to do is to steal a delayed wiper switch/relay setup from another car, maybe a newer Subaru. Cause with those, if you spray the washer fluid, it will automatically run the wiper for 4 or 5 swipes, not to mention having an intermittent delayed wiper. Drives me nuts in the winter to have to flick the rear wiper on and off every few minutes.

Hmm, maybe I'll have a look down there. Mouser is good to know, spent quite a while searching last night for one. Not sure I trust the little slider switches. Although, price is a bit steep. I can get 5-post relays on Amazon for about $2 (~$10 w/shipping for a 5 pack). Normal switches are cheap. I'll definitely check the hb thing, though.