Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2006 Forester No 12VDC At Outlet

I have a 2006 Forester, and suddenly, both the front and rear 12VDC outlets (cigarette lighters) have gone dead. I have checked both 15A fuses with an ohmeter, and they are good. Only the 12VDC outlets are dead, every other electrical circuit seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated. I need an outlet for my GPS.

have you checked any other fuses under there? or were they labeled cigarette? My other car has 2 different circuits for the +12const and 12+switched/cigarette. couldn't say for certain on yours, don't have a '06 forester. but usually that's the way it goes. maybe try another fuse and check the fuse holder connections to make sure something didn't get pushed in and isn't making a good connection to the fuse.

-Justin

I took another look at the interior fuse box and the diagram on the inside of the fuse box cover. There is a fuse labelled "mirror cigar", that fuse was blown. So, I guess that 15 A fuse is for both 12VDC "cigarette lighter" outlets. However, there is also a fuse labelled "12V outlet" and that fuse if good. What the "12V outlet fuse" protects, I don't know.

I think usually the outlet circuits are tied in with something else that would be an intermittent draw like the mirrors. In the mid 90's there was a problem on some soobs with that fuse blowing, because the wiring to the power mirror could get pinched or chaffed under the plastic.