Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks grossgary and everyone else for the good advice! I was able to pick these up today in Bremerton. Same color and year, so its the best I could ask for! I got to try and figure out some way to pop the door open without destroying the trim panel.

photo%2520%25285%2529.JPG

Wow, that was quick. I suppose you have electric door locks. If you lean on the door to try and release the pressure on the latch, then have someone hit unlock on the main switch on driver's side front you might be able to get it to open. You might need to repeat the process and push the door out from the inside; it all depends on how the door latch is jammed. Good luck.

Wow, that was quick. I suppose you have electric door locks. If you lean on the door to try and release the pressure on the latch, then have someone hit unlock on the main switch on driver's side front you might be able to get it to open. You might need to repeat the process and push the door out from the inside; it all depends on how the door latch is jammed. Good luck.

If you sit next to the door, try really ramming your shoulder repeatedly into the door to get it to open. If that doesn't work, then study the mechanics of how the latch works on an open door. Observe how the catch releases from the striker plate. Then, if need be, insert a screw driver, or knife blade between door and door jam opening forcing the catch release to let go of the door. With a little luck, you should get it open.

Keep receipts for the parts you use like the doors. The salvage inspector will want to see them before issuing the new title.

And yes, you need a new title. The insurance company bought the car off you and then sold it back to you. My mom got caught for not re-titling her taurus after I fixed it the first time. By the time the state noticed 2 years later and sent a warning that they were going to pull the registration, it got totaled a second time. The second crash was way worse and not worth fixing, so we junked the car.