Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I know I've seen threads in the past asking and debating how much these engines weigh. I happened to have an ej25 block (loaded with innards, flywheel and oil pan but no heads, accessories, or manifolds). That's a short block, right?

Anyway I was moving it inside off my lawn due to impending rain and unsightly premises complaints(j/k) and I put it on a scale:

140lbs

No wonder it seemed kinda heavy to lift... Hope that helps someone with their quest for knowledge some other day.

Not long ago, I sold my wife's "cooked" EJ-25 motor to a wrecking yard. It was a complete block unit. I had it placed in the back of my OBW from an engine stand for transporting to a yard. One of the yard workers physically lifted the engine from my OB into the front scoop of a front end loader. I was impressed that this skinny guy in his late 20's with more tattoos then teeth was able to lift the block by himself. He said it weighed close to 200 lbs. Life is never dull!

• 2 weeks later...