Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ANOTHER Problem...

So a while ago when i went wheelen through the trails and lots of puddles, it got dark by the time i left. I turned my headlights on, and whenever i would switch from high beams down to low beams, they would hesitate for about two-three seconds before turning on. This eventually got worse and started becoming five to seven seconds to turn on. And now tonight the low beams finally decided to not turn on at all anymore.

Again, high beams work just fine, so im getting power. but my low beams are not working at all. I checked all the fuses for the heck of it, but i know thats not going to be it, otherwise they wouldnt work at all.

So, what should i be looking at?? PLEASE help. i need to see without blinding everyone.

Thanks, subi_dude

• 2 weeks later...

I Kindly suggest to do a Click on my Avatar, so you can reach a List of my Writeups in my "Public Profile" page, Scroll down to reach the one about "How to Swap Bosch Standard Relays instead of the Old Roundies"

It is plenty of Pics & Explained Procedures about that, I Believe it could be Helpful for you.

Kind Regards.

When you remove the trim on the steering column to check the dimmer switch, check the connector for it also.

Had the main feed in that connector gety hot and caused me to loose the low-beam lights. Brights worked, but not the lows.

So if it was this connector or whatever it is that got hot on yours. What exactly do i do to replace or fix it?