Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting to a bolt but between spaces

Have you tried using a wobbler on your drive? That, and different length extensions, I would think would do the job. Looks like the bolt is near the exhaust system, so lifting the car as high as possible on ramps or whatever would be helpful as well.

Use PB Blaster if bolt is really rusted in tight.

Yeah those are way up near the firewall. You'll probably have to remove the ECU and push the wire harness aside to cut the hole for it. It can help to drill a small hole from beneath right next to the bolt, then stick a long thin punch or screwdriver into it and hit it with a hammer to make a notch on the inner floor pan.

Yeah those are way up near the firewall. You'll probably have to remove the ECU and push the wire harness aside to cut the hole for it. It can help to drill a small hole from beneath right next to the bolt, then stick a long thin punch or screwdriver into it and hit it with a hammer to make a notch on the inner floor pan.

That's what I planned to do was not sure if I should worry about anything but its near the drain hose for the ac

I would drill the hole behind (to the rear of the car) the bolt. I think there's less chance of there being stuff in the way. Drill directly behind the crossmember and your pilot should end up only about an inch from the bolt.

But like I said, remove the ECU and whatever else may be in that area, and hang any wiring up off of the floor so it wont get knicked by the drill bit just in case.

You may end up just drilling right through the floor pan there, but that will give you a reference for where to measure from so you can cut the bigger hole.

Thanks for the help I finally got it but the bolt I have I guess the people on NASIOC thought I was talking about the tranny mount with the 4 bolts because the one I had was too short.. I think I got a M12 x 1.75 I think 50 mm or 60 I can't remember.

I was pretty much spot on.. I wasted time having to go to home depot because I wanted to shampoo the carpets while I had the seats out... An as soon as I about complete the drivers side here comes the friken thunderstorm...

I found $.50 of my money that I lost months ago! and some screws I lost :cool:

I ended up just cutting the part out because where it was it's connected to a rail which made it too hard to pry up.

IMAG0186.jpg

Thanks for my mom for helping out.. I needed someone to hold the breaker bar inside, I called her and I was like I need your help and she's like I'm setting my hair!

IMAG0187.jpg

No rust in there! That's good! I guess the bolt just cross threaded on the way in and jammed? Was it a pain to get it loose?

Nope no rust!, Well I spent like 2 min backing the bolt off so I could hear when it was set.. however I blame myself because I was trying to push that side of the transmission up (other bolt was already in) but it was a lot of force.. I think my car was still on all 4 jackstands 26" high or whatever.

but yeah as soon as I set the bolt it got about half way and got mangled big time, I almost thought I had to cut it but the bolt did come out but it got super hot.. just glad I got air tools!