Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear drivers side sagging, tire rubbing...already have new struts?

2002 H6 Outback auto

Rear drivers side was *really* low, tire was rubbing lightly until we shifted some weight more to the other side. It did come back up a little as we took weight out of the car. 2 adults and some gear in the back - 500 pounds maybe. And now is up a bit (not sure if it's normal or not) now that it's unloaded.

The rear struts are new KYB GR-2's. I didn't replace the springs as it seemed many folks don't.

Rear spring seems fine on visual inspection.

Guess it looks like I should have replaced the rear springs too?

wow that's nuts - where would that happen? not much rust to speak of but i'll definitely check tonight.

ordered stiff 2005 Baja Turbo rear springs that are supposed to stiffen the ride and lift the rear 0.5" - 1".

part number: 20380AE50A

luckily i have another H6 Outback to install them on if this one has something more ominous going on!!

It was still fitted together but quickly fell apart when I removed the strut.
ah ha, i wonder if that's what will happen to mine. great, thanks. everything looks fine but something is definitely wrong - i think it's what you're describing, thanks a bunch! parts ordered a day or two ago.