Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm looking for a little help here, hope to find it. I have a 97 impreza and she was running rich. I went to accelerate then she completely died! Im thinking o2 sensors. The other strange thing is i went to check and the fuel pump and it isn't turning on. I'm running a scan Friday so i wont no codes until then.

Edited by scooby454

Check your fuses.

Also did you turbo the car? If not the thread title may be very misleading to people. The 2.2 didn't come in a turbo version in the US in 97.

Hey, would you know what fuse it is. I searched on line but only found info on off topic wiring problems. Thanks for the help!!

Edited by scooby454

What else would you recommend looking into?

The reason I said that is because people usually just slap turbo kits on without doing the correct changes to accommodate the boost. The NA engine has a compression ratio that is higher than a turbo engine. I hope you have a reliable boost gauge to monitor PSI with. That thing overboosts, it will go BOOM.

You should bring this thing down to my shop in Milwaukie. It sounds like you may not know exactly what you have and knowledge is power - even if you don't need me to do anything to the car just this minute you should know what you have and how it was put together. Otherwise you very possibly could be sitting on a ticking bomb.

You know that the fuel pump doesn't receive power unless the engine is running or you are cranking it with the starter right? So checking for power with the key in the ON position will show nothing because the pump does not run in that scenario.....

GD

Update. Took care of the relay, wasnt that. The pump isnt getting power. I had someone start her and i didnt hear it turn on. Got the pump today so im going to switch it out tomorrow when i have time. If that doesnt solve the problem what could it be?