Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Installing Engine

Do believe that you need a different starter also.

There is a definet difference between man/auto starter overall shape/construction. Not sure on interchange between the 2 though.

I was able to use my auto starter when i swapped to the 5mt d/r without any problems. Just the bolts are longer if you reuse the auto starter bolts but they work.

Thanks guys,

Yeah it confused me there for a min since all the other vehicles that I have ever done a clutch on, Dodge truck, BMW 325, 540i, Toyota Supra have all had the pilot bearing installed in the rear of the crank and not the flywheel.

I am also putting in the 5mt d/r and the auto starter does fit.

Will post up some pics of the car also.

I just installed a 2" quick lift, 6 lug conversion, Datsun 14x7" stellies with General Grabber A/T 27x8.50R14 tires, an aluminum roof basket with defender series tire mount, and non auto track seat belts.

I was able to use my auto starter when i swapped to the 5mt d/r without any problems. Just the bolts are longer if you reuse the auto starter bolts but they work.

Nice to know that..

Wasn't sure on fitment, just new there was a difference.Thought I would mention that.