Ultimate Subaru Message Board

alternator suggestion!!! :))

so i have a 140 amp internally regulated alt. 14 volt set point from a 2002-03 volvo s60. and guess what??? it totally lines up with the bottom a/c brackets and the pulley matches up too.... oh yea!!! this i also a 95 ej22.

i have to still switch out the clutched pulley as it is clutched the wrong way ( yes this alt will charge if spun backwards) and maybe find a way to attach the top mounting ear to the top of the bracket..... its a pain in the rump roast to mount to the A/C bracket but would be worth if if your didnt want a/c and wanted a greater amp alt. im using the stock alt ( 85 amp) for running the engine and am gunna use the 140 amp alt for my accessory's ( lights, amps, stereo in general)

i will have them on separate charging circuits..... i also have a battery bank in the back of the car that this other alt will charge.... they will use a common ground though.

thought i would share this with the community as a possible alt upgrade

-Jarrid

indeed it is but it is also more money than i spent lol i got this alt free so pretty much i just had to buy bolts and lock washers..... but these alts can be had used for pretty cheap from the right junkyard.... but you are 100% correct.

just thought id share what ive found and the reason im doing it this way is to have an alt for engine and stock accessories and the other 140a alt for my stereo hobby.... but could be used for other things too like a TON of lights or maybe other neat electrical hogs