Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just swapped 2.2 into outback.

I just swapped a 97 2.2 into a 98 outback 2.5. First time doing this, had a few snags but it runs great. My question regards mil light aka check engine light. So far I don't have one. Used the 2.5 Maf and ecu. Who has gotten mil's? And did they come on immediately? From my knowledge of computer controls an eye or Maf code would come on once the computer goes through it's basic checks.

Am I free and clear?

My question regards mil light aka check engine light. So far I don't have one.
you won't get one.

Used the 2.5 Maf and ecu. Who has gotten mil's?
doesn't matter, completely interchangeable so it doesn't matter which MAF or ECU you use.

the only CEL will be if you used a non-EGR engine in an EGR equipped vehicle.

From my knowledge of computer controls an eye or Maf code would come on once the computer goes through it's basic checks.
nope.

Am I free and clear?
yes

Though I have seen '97s with front evap cans and a '98 absolutely would have a rear can.....

GD

This can be dealt with by looping the 2 lines that would go to the front can, to each other. (front can manifold in rear can car)

A rear can manifold in a front can car???? IDK.....but that doesn't seem to be the common way it worksout. Ussually the other way.