Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GUIEZ GUIEZ! looky here, my subaru is in offroad magazine!

17115_2085756190256_32544991_n.jpg

my manager at the last shop i worked at when i still lived in ohio entered me for the reader's rides section. apparently they liked it enough to feature it next to someone's cummins powered truck with easily 10k into making it trail worthy. i think i might have 2k into mine, including price of the vehicle. :headbang:

i also realize, i have one of the least modified soob's on the site, and i got their attention... so, fellas, go and enter yours in, lets get these subaru's the attention they deserve.

i think the most expensive part is my "wizard dusted CV's" which i got REM'd for an unbelievable deal, and the cages properly clearanced (bearing cages on our cvs are almost always machined too tight, leading to premature wear. taking a dremel to the cages so that each ball will slide right through the holes leads to longevity even in ************ty aftermarket axles. also, the races are micropolished before REM treatment, then packed with almagard 3752. they stay noise and vibration free for years, and as long as you aren't turning massive tires (31" and over) or running more power than an ea82, they last longer than any axle i have tried, and i also daily drive this car, so axles tend to not last as long with lots of miles put on them.

Edited by maozebong

thanks, everyone. i wouldnt be surprised to see if any of you guys with even more insane builds than i make it into the readers rides section. after all, all i have is the tried n true 2" lift, and toyota steelies with some 27" truck tires.

i bet many of you could submit your cars and get in just as easily.

my favorite part that they actually ran in it, was under "other parts: cassette tape adapter" :lol: