Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im currently looking into a 98 forester 5spd, 2.5l and Im new to the platform. I have no idea what interchanges or what I can look for. I recall with my legacy wagon I could use the front strut tower bar from a 90s impreza and the rear bar from a 02+ impreza. However with the forester I dont know what matches. I intend to have the car lowered, Id like to keep the suspension on par with the engine work itll be getting, I have a pair of new heads going into it and a friend with an 05 STi has the stock headers, up and downpipe from before his stage 4 ecs setup, so Ill be making the investment to boost the car with its rebuild. Yes Im aware it take more than a few pipes, just saying its nice to have the donation to my cause :) 

So yea, long story short, Id like to know what I can search thatll match. Suspension, exhaust, etc?

Ill have to look into the wrx springs, I remember the legacy and forester matched suspension-wise, my brother commented he should have sourced a factory forester suspension to lift his legacy. Between his lifted and mine sitting low, there was a good 4-5" difference, same year leggy wagons :) So yea the springs might be doable, if I remember correctly he only would have needed to swap out the tophats.