Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 98 OBW with 95 2.2 motor threw a CEL. I had the code read at an automotive store. Guy who read the code, said reader says bad O2 sensor, "bank 1, sensor 2." I am guessing that is the first  O2 sensor coming off the motor. Can anyone confirm this??

Thanks.............Rooster2

This sort of diagnostic isn't often accurate with just a code read. 

Bank 1 on your car is irrelevant since you just have a front and rear sensor.  Sensor 2 means rear 02 sensor.  Which code number did he give?  

Bank 1 on a Subaru is the passenger side bank.  

This sort of diagnostic isn't often accurate with just a code read. 

Bank 1 on your car is irrelevant since you just have a front and rear sensor.  Sensor 2 means rear 02 sensor.  Which code number did he give?  

Bank 1 on a Subaru is the passenger side bank.  

Never got a code number, just the announcement, bank 2, sensor 2. I should have asked for the code number.  It has always been my experience that the first sensor closest to the motor is the one that goes bad. I have never had the sensor further back in the exhaust system go bad. Prolly better if I go elsewhere to get a 2nd reading, and get the code number this time.

• Like 2