Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my 87rx has a ej22 outta a 92 legacy swapped in and just recently my cam sensor just keeps going out, 3-times in the last 2 weeks!, today it ironically went out when I went to start it up at the wrecking yard and i got code 13, so i walked back in and got one lol, any ideas.

A few weeks back I ran a picco scope of the cam sensor, because often i would crank the car over and  sometimes wont start right away, like it's firing off stroke and the engine would stop while cranking over, then if i released the key to on it would buzz, the tach would jump and it would shoot spark from the plug wire with the engine still. This has gone on for most of the life of my swap, so far about 21k on the ej swap, it's just a little confusing

Are you positive the timing belt is on properly?  There are marks on the front of the crank gear that commonly get mistaken for the properly timing alignment mark.

Is the ECU and everything grounded properly?  That's honestly the only thing I can think of that would cause it to fry the cam sensor.  The ECU grounds to the intake manifold on the back driver's side.  Have you tried a different ECU?